Saturday, June 24, 2006

Hot Red Paprika

How hot can "hot red paprika" be? Very hot. "Crisp capsicum" can be pretty hot too, although I think "capsicum" sounds a little more suspicious than "paprika", which is after all most commonly a fairly bland and inert spice. But I guess "paprika" is just a generic word for a pepper here and I suspect what I got is something along the lines of a red serrano.

Which is a long way around to discussing Pizza Hut's Indian-themed pizza offerings. The best I've had so far was the Tandoori Murg, which has chunks of chicken and a non-standard, Indian-spiced sauce that I found very pleasing. The Tandoori Paneer pizza was disappointing, with bland chunks of paneer and the aforementioned chunks of hot, hot peppers. (I guess my paper menu is a misprint, because it didn't even have a little red pepper next to it.) The other pizzas I've tried are more or less as you would expect: a little spicier than an American pie, but nothing too far out (unlike Pizza Corner, which packs a fairly strong punch).

And to those who wonder why I'm eating pizza at all: eat daal and chapati for 6 weeks straight and get back to me.

No comments: